Why Are There So Many Cats Here? (Kusadasi, Turkey)

Coming back to Turkey was awesome. Crete was fun, but Turkey is more colorful and unique. Also, let's be honest, the euro decimates your wallet. In Crete I kept telling my friends I would wait to buy stuff when we went back to Turkey and then I thought, "who even says that?" Just country hopping through the Mediterranean. Is this real life?

Anyways, I got to take a Turkish bath this time in Kusadasi. I didn't have a suit when we found the spa, so my bath consisted of a middle aged chubby man, wearing nothing but a towel, scrubbing me down on a marble slab in my sports bra and underwear. I don't think that really needs more description. But I will say the scrubbing didn't peel off a layer of skin like the rumors said, and there were lots of bubbles. The guy put a cloth in soapy water and after he blew in it, he pushed the air out and heaps of bubbles covered my body. I giggled so much he gave me a concerned look and stopped to make sure I was alright. When you get past the details of what is actually happening, the bath is relaxing and I recommend it. Just remember to bring a suit.

p.s. there are cats everywhere in the Mediterranean. At first I thought it was just Morocco...and Turkey...and Greece……but no, seriously everywhere. You can't go anywhere without gorgeous cute kitten eyes staring up at you. I like to tell the cats as I walk by, "I would LOVE to take you home, but you might have rabies". My friends think I'm weird, and not just for talking to stray cats. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment