Wait, Malta is a country? (Malta)

To be honest there isn't a lot to do in Malta. The island is two hours long and an hour wide, definitely small enough to catch island fever. I spent a lot of time in Malta exploring cities, getting lost, taking the wrong bus, finding another city, and trying to stay cool. I did get to relax on the beach a bit and go to a wonderful beer festival that had mexican food (yes I like mexican more than beer). I guess Malta has a lot of history, but for me it had a lot of churches and was really hot. I did go to a Catholic service in a random city I think was called Mdina (yes there is no e, my spelling isn't THAT bad). Anyways, it was nice sitting in for the Maltese service, but my friend and I definitely stood out. We were around 40 years younger than everyone there and we loudly tried to fit our large travel packs under the pews during the silent service. Awkward. At this point I am so used to being the random tourist there are very few embarrassing experiences that can faze me any more. Luckily there are still three more countries to challenge that statement. We are heading to southern France next and I have no idea what we will do there. As I sang when we took a bus to the wrong side of the island in Malta, "Where are we going?…. NOBODY KNOWS!"

 


0 comments:

Post a Comment